What is the best way to zero the PK-AS? I have the lateral adjustment tightened down. Should I zero the dot at 100 yards for the "0" detent? Or should the "0" detent be aligned with another distance?

Should the lateral adjustment be tight? Or is it best to leave the left side loose enough to turn by hand?

PTGT_Neon,

essentially it is an ELCAN mount ,but a mixed bag also the reticule is in mils so at 100 yards, the 1 mil dot is 3.6 " at 100 yards the illuminated 1.5 mil dot is 5.4" Dia. at 100 yards , now here is where it gets tricky the elevation adjustment is in MOA ,1 MOA is 1.047" at 100 yards /meters ,shemeter :angel: . so for every 2 MOA tick on the dial it moves the point of sight 2.094" at 100 .

so reset the zero on the dial at 0 at 100 yards at with the scope zeroed correctly at 100 yards and the as range increases you dial up the scale , each 2 MOA division at 2.094" is multiplied times the range in hundreds of yards ,10 MOA =10.47" at 1000 yards or 10 times the distance at 100 yards your 2 MOA adjustment is going to move the dot to the 1000 yard size in 5 steps instead of 10 "clicks "

knowing this you can use the mil dot to range /size the target using mils of measurement but your scope "Hold Over" is set up so you have to change the measuring system to MOA (see what i meant by mixed bag ).

now all you have to do is figure out the range /MOA/ballistic arc correlation for the round you are shooting with the scope :cryss: or find an online ballistic chart for the round /load and you are good to go :super:

Edited by belt fed frog