my hot-rod saiga is finally done

20042126247544030548876.jpg

Finally got everything done,last item added was the "low" weaver mount and the eotech holosight,fabulous sighting system,very fast target aquisition and nearly as accurate as a scope.

The rifle started out as a 20" saiga sporter,I cut the barrel to 14" and tig welded a 3" long Hungarian AMD65 brake to make the barrel a legal 16.5"

I used a G2 trigger set and a U.S. made pistol grip,a U.S. made gas piston and U.S. made mag followers for 922 compliance.The Romanian stock was pinned in the open position(and will be unpinned this september).

I slotted the saiga handguard for looks and to help cool the barrel.

The stock mag catch and trigger guard were replaced with a Bulgarian unit from K-var and a bullet guide was modified and attached to the trunion by drilling and tapping,I secured it with flat head machine screw with loc-tite and it has been rock solid for hundreds of rounds.

I modified the el-cheapo laser that I bought from wal-mart to fit the front sight,the switch pad sits on the left side of the handguard for easy access with my thumb.

The low weaver mount is from freedomoptics.com and is just the thing I was looking for,it sits just above the reciever cover and locks on solidly without losing it`s zero after repeated removal and replacement.

I`ve been tinkering with this thing on and off for a couple of years now and I finally feel that I`m done,I really like it.

Bossman