Hey, all. I plan on getting the Texas Weapons Systems Gen 2 Dog Leg Rail and I want to get a red dot to go with it. I've been reading great things about the Lucid HD7 and I think I want to get one. The only question I have is will I be able to even see through the thing? It has a lower 1/3rd co-witness with a standard AR sight so I am wondering if the Lucid would mount to high for me to see through it. I have a Tapco T6 stock with the CAA .7 and 1.5 inch cheek-piece-riser thingies. Co-witness is definitely preferred but not needed.

So, if anyone with experience with the Lucid HD7 on a Saiga, or really any AR-height sight on a Saiga, could give me some info, that would be great!

Thanks, guys! :-)

The lack of responses might be indicative of it not being a popular choice. I was able to locate via Google one of TWS' old pictures of a first generation dogleg with what appears to be an AR-height red dot.

pic07323jpgw300h213.jpg

It looks like the collapsible stock has a riser on it, which could mean that the scope is too high for proper cheek weld.

The lack of responses might be indicative of it not being a popular choice. I was able to locate via Google one of TWS' old pictures of a first generation dogleg with what appears to be an AR-height red dot.

pic07323jpgw300h213.jpg

It looks like the collapsible stock has a riser on it, which could mean that the scope is too high for proper cheek weld.

Hmm, very interesting. I do have cheek risers but I am still wondering what it would be like. I guess I'll just buy them and try them out. :P

• 2 months later...