Lug Question

The front top of the right lug on my 308 is getting a shiny spot? It was actually there when I got it. The front of the lug is still black as is the rear of the top. I looked on my other AKs and they kind of resemble it but none have this deep black finish so it is hard to tell. Does this sound normal?

Edited by Okaraider

The front top of the right lug on my 308 is getting a shiny spot? It was actually there when I got it. The front of the lug is still black as is the rear of the top. I looked on my other AKs and they kind of resemble it but none have this deep black finish so it is hard to tell. Does this sound normal?

I'm assuming you're talking about one of the bolt lugs. Yes, perfectly normal, especially if you fire it a lot. Usually the section of the bolt that rides in that milled channel in the carrier that causes it to turn and lock when the weapon goes into battery gets extremely shiny over time - ever seen a bolt and carrier from an AK that's had 20k+ rounds through it? Polished like glass.