scope and scope mount

If you're looking to shave ounces, then the PSOP could be switched out for a slightly lighter setup. I picked the Weaver scope because I considered it pretty standard as scopes go. Lighter scopes exist, especially with lower magnification and smaller lenses, so it's just a matter of shopping for a scope that matches your needs. Rather than having to look up each individual manufacturer's websites, some retailers like Midway and Optics Planet list the weights of the the scopes they sell.

Another option you may consider is a top rail like the new TWS rail, which is claimed to only add a net 1.5 ounces to the weight of the gun. If true, that plus a scope could wind up being half the weight of your PSOP or less.

What about a PSO-1 (PSL) scope? I read somewhere that they weigh about a pound. I know the eye relief is not right for an AK, but I'm asking about this for an unconverted wood-stocked Saiga 308 that I don't own yet. (I own a converted 308, but I'd like to have one non-scary, non-EBR for certain purposes too). Would the extra stock length of the unconverted Saiga make the eye relief about right? And, can the PSO-1 even use the AK rail?