New saiga 12 , v plug question ?

Hi All, I got my 12 today and checked my gas ports first thing. I was hoping for the best and saw 3 holes that didn't appear to be blocked! Paper clip test checked out as well so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will cyle everything tomorow on her first outing. I have most of the parst needed for THE CONVERSION which will happen after i find out how she cycles.

I do have a md arms v- plug question or two. What is considered bottomed out? Is it bottomed out once the detent pin first catches or is it when i hold the detent pin down and it turn several more rotations and then bottoms out?

Hi All, I got my 12 today and checked my gas ports first thing. I was hoping for the best and saw 3 holes that didn't appear to be blocked! Paper clip test checked out as well so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that she will cyle everything tomorow on her first outing. I have most of the parst needed for THE CONVERSION which will happen after i find out how she cycles.

I do have a md arms v- plug question or two. What is considered bottomed out? Is it bottomed out once the detent pin first catches or is it when i hold the detent pin down and it turn several more rotations and then bottoms out?

Hold the detent pin down and turn it all the way down until it can't screw in any farther.

[]

Hold the detent pin down and turn it all the way down until it can't screw in any farther.

That is what i thought but the directions confused me :wacko: , nothing new there. They say the pin "doesn't need to be pushed in while installing or adjusting".

So when i hold the pin down and bottom out the plug it stops at the 3 setting. So i back it out to the - sign and i'm good to go ? By doing this i have to push the pin down to adjust the plug where as before (bottoming out the plug when the pin stopped it) the adjustment's could be made without pushing the pin down. Sorry if this is confusing

You don't need to hold down the pin with the V plug, it'll push it down for you.

Don't overthink it, it's pretty simple.:smoke:

Ok , That agrees with the instructions and the adjustment is truly a no tool needed procedure. Final question , Since there is no detent to hold the plug in place and it turns very easy does it ever rotate to a different setting from firing rounds or is this a non issue? thank you for all your replies Hog

There are detents on the back side of the plug, 1 for each setting so that when you turn the plug there is a small bit of resistance until the pin hits the next setting then clicks into that detent.

Fumes , thank you! it works just fine now with your explanation !

Cool glad I could help.:smoke: