I have one final question before I tighten and LocTite all of the components on my Saiga. I purchased a DIY Carolina Trigger Guard from CSS. It secures with three small screws through the preexisting holes in the bottom of the receiver. It seems to be extremely sturdy, however I've been reading about using a grip nut to secure the pistol grip as well.

My understanding is that, in order to use the grip nut, you have to cut a small, square hole in the bottom of the receiver. I'd rather just mount the pistol grip to the trigger guard instead, as it seems easier.

Is this method secure enough? Can anyone with a Carolina SS trigger guard weigh in on whether you've had any durability problems after you've put a large number of rounds through your Saiga?

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but this is my first conversion and I'm pretty unsure of whether or not I'm doing it correctly. It's been a lot of fun so far and this forum is an incredible resource. I already have another Saiga 12 on order and I'm planning on trying an AR type conversion next.

Nevermind, I decided to stop being a sissy and just cut out the grip nut hole.

I think it came out pretty well, however in my zeal I completely neglected to check my internal receiver stock adapter for fit. I forgot that the adapter has two prongs that sit flush with the bottom of the receiver and straddle the hole for the grip nut. I checked and it seems like the grip nut will sit on these just fine and the Hogue Monogrip actually feels more secure when I tighten it down with the grip nut on top of the prongs.

Is this stable? Is there a better way to do it? Did I totally fuck up? I think the adapter is aluminum so will the grip nut cut into it and cause problems if I tighten it down and use it?

Also, I promise this is probably my last stupid question. Probably.

ohcrap.png

Edited by GLine