Those pre-ban Galil .308 rifles look interesting, but there is no way in hell I am paying $5K+ for one of those. I have also seen those pre-ban Yugoslavian M90's chambered in 7.62X51mm (they seem to go for close to the price of a standard M1A). But the FN SCAR 17 is probably a lot nicer than both of those anyway.

M1A man. It is the best.

It is not the best if you try to scope it like I did. :unhappy:

Yes it is, right after the FAL :haha: And SCAR 17

I can't wait until my car is paid off. Paying off a SCAR 17 will be a cakewalk in comparison to paying off a brand new car. After the problematic issues I have had with scoping an M1A (I am still waiting to hear from the gunsmith regarding this), I will probably steer clear from higher end M14 variants (Fulton Armory guns, M14 EBR, etc.) and go for the SCAR instead.

Edited by 7N6Wolf

Bah. Show some American pride. The M1A came from the M14, which was

a modernized Garand. Can you buttstroke someone with a SCAR? :smoke:

I do, I have a remington 870, and I live here!

Some years ago I had to decide between the M1A and a FAL. I liked them both and I admit the M1A felt better in my hands. I spent alot of time researching them both. They were so close it was hard. I got a great deal on a new Austrian STG 58 from a LEO who had put only 20 rounds through it and said that it was broken, it would not cycle nothing. So I got a good deal. Poor guy didnt know that he had the gas regulator

set on grenade. I put it on the right setting and it ran like a top. Its the one pictured.

Sadly I sold it a couple weeks ago to fund the scar 17. NO REGRETS

LOL you got me I cant buttstroke someone.

Those pre-ban Galil .308 rifles look interesting, but there is no way in hell I am paying $5K+ for one of those. I have also seen those pre-ban Yugoslavian M90's chambered in 7.62X51mm (they seem to go for close to the price of a standard M1A). But the FN SCAR 17 is probably a lot nicer than both of those anyway.

M1A man. It is the best.

I can't wait until my car is paid off. Paying off a SCAR 17 will be a cakewalk in comparison to paying off a brand new car. After the problematic issues I have had with scoping an M1A (I am still waiting to hear from the gunsmith regarding this), I will probably steer clear from higher end M14 variants (Fulton Armory guns, M14 EBR, etc.) and go for the SCAR instead.

One of the best things about the M1A are the sights, still the best in the world. I would have just kept it with the iron sights only, like god and mama intended.

If you want a scar 17, Id say get one! I got almost 800 rounds through it already and its been 100%. I love it. I sold my FAL to help fund it. No regrets

M1A man. It is the best.

One of the best things about the M1A are the sights, still the best in the world. I would have just kept it with the iron sights only, like god and mama intended.

If you want a scar 17, Id say get one! I got almost 800 rounds through it already and its been 100%. I love it. I sold my FAL to help fund it. No regrets

I have to pay off $5200 on the car first. I can't wait until I get that out of the way. Hopefully I can get that out of the way by the end of the year at the latest.