Z

Credit goes where it is due sir.

I didn't want to clog up the pic thread so I figured I'd take my questions outside.

I've seen some of your write ups over on ARF.com as well as here and I have a couple questions for you.

1. Do you have a compiled thread/website of write ups and evaluations of the different optics? If not...could you please link to some of the ones you and the other Com Bloc optics nuts see as most informative and/or covering the greatest number of Russian/Eastern European optics? I guess a general overview for the red dots, night vision and non-PSO/POSP magnified optics would be most interesting to someone such as myself who is just getting into Com Bloc optics. The PSO/POSP and Kobra have been covered fairly exstensively (and I already have both based on said evaluations/personal experience) but there are at least three or four in your pic thread which are brand spankin' new to me :)

2. Is the NPSU worth it? I'm feeling froggy and that thing on my AK54R would be pretty cool for goofing around with IMHO. If it is worth it, where to get a good one?

The main issue I see with these optics is the inability for a leyman such as myself to tell the difference from the real Russian/Belorussian real deals from the civilianized versions being made elsewhere.

Basically, I'm asking for you to take me to school and help me spend some cash. See it as living vicariously through someone else's wallet :)

Thanks in advance for any and all info you've already put out and good luck in finding the time, money and sources for the rest of that list.

Eric

• Like 1

I'm working on an optics write up, hopefully will have it done (relatively) soon. Got a few things going on that's taking a lot of time at the moment

Yes IMO the NSPU is worth it. If you can get over the big honkingness of it, the NSPU is quite functional out to about 400m or maybe a bit further depending on lighting conditions. They are passable in the day with the lense filter cover on but at night the sight picture is much clearer. For $300ish they are well worthe money and there are AA converted models out there which make them really simple to keep charged and ready to go.

They aren't totally quiet, there is a ticking/humming noise when it's powered on but it's not particulary loud.

I'll keep trying to get the optics post done in the meantime

Z

Thanks man.

Good luck on the write-up; I'm sure I'm not the only person looking forward to it.

Eric

Mods: Since this thread is now stickied I guess we could change the title to something like "Picture Thread Discussion Thread" or something like that??? Just don't want TX-Zen to become the defacto guy that gets questions thrown his way nor that folks think this thread is only for questions directed at him:)

Thanks

Eric

Edited by towerofpower93