Saiga 12 FCG question - which one best?

I am in the process of converting to pistol grip configuration, and can someone just spell out for me the best, easiest to drop in FCG I can get?

I am familiar with the 7.62 AK FCG a little, have taken them out before and replaced them, but the S12 is kind of new to me.

Please tell me what to get and how to modify it if needed, I see a lot on the net but its confusing a bit.

Thanks very much,

Tom

Edited by maxim7711

You are either looking for a tapco g2, or an arsenal ...I would say arsenal as a lot of other members current and past do.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. Can you tell me also if there a difference in the S12 and standard Saiga AK FCG parts like the 922SG and 922S sets at k-var? I cant tell from the stock photos.

Thanks again,

Tom

Edited by maxim7711

You can use any standard AK FCG in the Saiga 12. The only thing you will need to do is remove the hump on the hammer for use in the Saiga 12 (see picture). The SG-922 already has this hump removed, so it is a drop-in FCG requiring no mods. However, I couldn't tell you whether or not it is also made to work with the factory BHO.

hammer.jpg

Edited by KC913

What about the trigger or "hammer" limiter? Is it needed if I get the Kvar Arsnal USA FCG set? Is that just for non-pistol grip config?

I dont see it in the k-var diagram.

Thanks again,

Tom

Yeah, just for factory FCG. Not needed when converted.