I just received mine, And I was wondering... When you goto gun shows, if you see something that you want to buy you will give the dealer a copy and sign it. Ok cool. But what about security? Say someone else gets it, it really doesnt matter right? They cant buy nothing with out proof ( i.e. drivers license, shipping it to the address on the license ) right?

I think some people have been taking copies of FFL licenses and photoshopping them with false names and addresses. It probably isnt a common thing, but you know how it is, there is always someone out there trying to figure out how to screw someone over.

yeah deff... So say I was at the gun show and I lost a copy and someone picked it up. They couldnt use it right? Doesnt matter if it has my info on it because whenever someone uses their ( or someone else's license, fraudulently )C&R , the dealer should ask for their drivers license to match it up right? What about with online purchases?

I had one, I let it expire awhile ago but I still have all the documentation they send you when you apply for one.

You don't need to bring it to a gunshow because you don't need it to buy anything at a gunshow, you are required however, to record any C&R guns that you do buy/sell at a gunshow in your ledger. So, since you don't need it, if you don't bring a copy with you, you won't loose it and nobody can use it fraudulently.

When you buy a C&R gun online/mail-order you have give the seller/online dealer a copy of your C&R FFL so that they know it is legal to ship the gun to you.

But, having done research and reading the requirements and understanding the legal obligations that you agreed to when you applied and received your C&R FFL you already know the answers to your questions, don't you? I hope you do.

• Like 2

If he's buying a C&R gun from an FFL or C&R then having his copy streamlines the process. Assuming, of course, any FFL dealers will even take the C&R instead of going through the 4473 form. Most of the ones I've dealt with turn their noses distinctly skyward at the mention of the lesser license, though that could be due to fears of fraud.