Regarding AKParts.com

Well, my parts arrived. I cancelled my order yesterday, because it had just taken too damn long. I wrote them a fourth e-mail (nasty) because they hadn't replied to any of mine. Okay, so here is the low down:

AKParts.com are not theives or con artists, they just have REALLY POOR customer service.

Now that the parts are here, I felt the need to say something additional, after my post the other day. I ordered these AK parts on the 17th of May and never got a tracking number, never got any replies to my emails, no confirmation that it had shipped, just. . . the parts show up two days shy of a month after the order.

I have purchased several kits from AKparts.com and have had only good experiences. I will say however that when I bought a Yugo AK kit from them about two months ago I received two. Hmmmm......but of course I emailed them and thanked them for the free kit. Turns out they shipped someone else's kit to me. I guess he was pissed off. I dealt with Sherry(?) I think and she was really nice, reimbursed me for ship cost plus and gave me a free hand pick on the Yugo subgun kit and Romy. All in all they did seem pretty disorganized but it worked to my benefit.

I not saying you are wrong Macx, I would be mad too if I was in your shoes. Are you going to keep the kit or send it back? If it's nice and you don't want it I will be in Pittsburgh at the end of the month . . . :blues:

I am happy with the parts, actually, they just e-mailed me. . . not Sandy but a dude & he explained that their web-based payment thing is in a weird way right now. He said, I needed to ask for tracking info & that they don't automatically e-mail that kind of thing. I had requested tracking or any shipping info, but daz besides the point.

I am glad to hear somebody had good luck with them and that they aren't totally incompetent. My stuff from Centerfire Systems arrived in such a timely manner and with tracking info that it just made a REALLY stark contrast to all those unreplied to e-mails i was sending.

P.S. I would offer to show you the local range, but I'll be in Chicago at the end of the month. Saiga owners passing like ships in the night it would seem.