Pictures of front sights of 5.45s sighted in

I was wondering if the Saiga 12 community could upload pictures of their front sights from rifles that have been sighted in correctly @ 25 - 50m.

I "think" I have what I consider a sighted in 5.45 @ 25m and my front sight needs to be adjusted to the right noticeably off of center. I know this type of thing is indicative of a canted FSB, but I am interested to see if my front sight looks the same as other owners.

P.S. I'll have pictures of mine up tonight when I get home from work!

I really think your going about this the wrong way.. Pictures arn't gonna help you determine something so small.. Get a bore sighter, then sight it in at a range.. or just sight it in at the range. We're talking millimeters here!

and a sight that's canted by a millimeter or so isn't really canted.. it's within acceptable tolerances which is why the front sight can be adjusted in the first place. If it was as easy as just looking at it and lining it up there'd be no need for adjustible sights.

I really think your going about this the wrong way.. Pictures arn't gonna help you determine something so small.. Get a bore sighter, then sight it in at a range.. or just sight it in at the range. We're talking millimeters here!

and a sight that's canted by a millimeter or so isn't really canted.. it's within acceptable tolerances which is why the front sight can be adjusted in the first place. If it was as easy as just looking at it and lining it up there'd be no need for adjustible sights.

Very good points... I am looking up a lot of info about the proper sighting of an AK74 (battle zero), and I think I found this...

1. Set rear sight to 1

2. Place target at 25m

3. Zero groupings center of bulls eye but one inch low

4. Verify at 50m to be just below bulls eye

5. Verify at 100 m to be spot on

This is using the ballistics for 7n6 ammo...

CIMG3035.jpg

That is a dime, not a quarter.

KNS .034" front post.

Macro focus FTW.

Thanks for the reply! Yours looks pretty centered compared to mine. I am going to the range this week just to confirm my zero with my front sight so noticeably off centered.