Internal Receiver Block Doesn't Line Up?

Hey all,

In the middle of trying to convert my Saiga 12. I ordered one of the internal receiver blocks (the one with 4 side screws) and have cut down the rear trunnion. The block sits completely flush against the receiver, yet the holes in the receiver do not line up with the holes on the adapter - aka the adapter does not slide up far enough to be able to install the screws.

I tried to take a picture, but my camera would not focus clearly enough. Anybody else have this problem? I've thought about drilling the receiver holes bigger to accomodate the difference, but didn't know if that was a wise idea or not.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I ran into the same problem recently when converting 2 Saiga's. The holes in the internal adapter on both guns were about 1/16" offset from where they needed to be. I carefully (as careful as you can be with an angle grinder) removed material from the receiver to ensure a good fit with the adapter. On one of the Saiga's the adatper also interfered with the stepped area just forward of the tang and which requred some additional metal bashing.

After a couple of hours of effort I was able to get everything to line-up like it came that way from the factory.