Glitch! The Dreaded Glitch

So, heard from my gunsmith this week, the guy who is converting the Izhmash factory .308 carbine. Because I'm having the trigger redone (Dinzag) which moves the whole assembly forward, turns out that the Tapco 6-position telescopic stock I bought for it isn't going to fit--a matter of a three-screw attachment vis-a-vis a two. Turns out what I need is an AK stock (AK 160, I believe it's called) which is virtually the same Tapco stock but configured differently at the point of attachment. In addition, because I'm adding a Hogue AK pistol grip, that may also have something to do with it.

Wish I'd known that before. Because I bought the Tapco in a package, which included the forearm grip and recoil pad, I'd have to return the whole package to get a refund. Meanwhile, the forearm I have now fits fine, as does the recoil pad on the butt. Don't know if the pad would also fit on the AK stock, but I'm assuming it does. Regardless, I'm ready to eat the former purchase in order to keep the forearm, then order a new AK stock and possibly an independent recoil pad.

Anybody have any similar experience?

Anybody want to buy a Tapco 6-position stock for a Saiga .308 that won't be having the trigger replaced.

Without pics I'm not sure what your talking about so my advice my be worthless.. But if it fits in a stamped reciever just drill and put the screws in.. Two vs three shouldn't matter.. Most of my guns use two just because I'm lazy..

Don't AK stocks generally attach with just two screws, the tang screw and the rear trunnion screw? From the Tapco instructions, it looks like the stock should still be able to use those. The abbreviated tenon on the stock itself might not be as strong as a normal one, but strength problems seem equally likely to occur for long and short tenons.

Like byron's rifle shows, you can remove the PG and put it in a more standard position.