modified stock handquard

Hmm ok, so for the first question I just bascially copied and pasted into Google with Saiga 12 in front. For the second question " Saiga 12 shortened stock fore end" into Google and get this. I am not not trying to be a jerk here, just showing how easy it can be.

• Like 1

Sorry, because of the paint, and this angle, it's kind of tough to tell, but this is what I came up with, for now...

There is a metal rib running down the length of the HG, which seems pretty darn solid, also- at the front of the handguard is a heatshield, or at least a metal skeleton... And the mount for the little lugs on the side of the gas block on our Saigas. I'm keeping my stock handguard, just putting a rail on the bottom, and that's it!

post-20073-0-09207100-1301353300_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, because of the paint, and this angle, it's kind of tough to tell, but this is what I came up with, for now...

There is a metal rib running down the length of the HG, which seems pretty darn solid, also- at the front of the handguard is a heatshield, or at least a metal skeleton... And the mount for the little lugs on the side of the gas block on our Saigas. I'm keeping my stock handguard, just putting a rail on the bottom, and that's it!

Thank you for your response and the explanation.

I had only seen a couple pics on here, and was wondering if shortening it would compromise the strength of the hand guard, but it sounds like I should be good to go.

Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1