Saiga weight...

Just wondering, what does your Saiga weigh, unloaded? Also include a brief description of what your setup is for reference sake.

I ask because mine feels like a beast and wonder if it's time for "little nicky" to go on a diet =P

Rob

Just wondering, what does your Saiga weigh, unloaded? Also include a brief description of what your setup is for reference sake.

I ask because mine feels like a beast and wonder if it's time for "little nicky" to go on a diet =P

Rob

Mine's stock.. so.. what? 7lbs? :)

A buddy of mine has one that we converted, he put a Chaos extended rail on it, a laser/light combo, and a red dot.. VFG.. the whole 9. It weighs just shy of a ton. I know a lot of guys like that stuff.. he sure does. His AR's are ridiculous too. :) Not for me though.

I'm keeping mine stock until I get the funds to have a professional work it over. The conversion we did came out fine, I think. The gun shoots at least :) .. but I want to get the barrel cut down and a brake soldered on. So, if I'm going to go through the trouble of sending it away for awhile, I figure I'd rather just give it the works. I want a folding stock, tritium HK sights, a cut down barrel w/ a brake, LRBHO, and probably a left side charging handle. I'd like to keep the weight and balance roughly the same. I'm more interested in lightweight things that add functionality, rather than bolt-on kit that just adds weight.

On the other hand.. all the weight DOES make 3" magnums feel quite a bit softer than my stock gun does.. I guess it all depends on what you want, really.

I guess I would suggest just stripping it down to the bones, and take it out shooting. You'll figure out what you want and need pretty quickly with a bit of thought.. I don't like the stock sights. Hence, HK sights. It's a pain to lock in a mag on a closed bolt. Hence, LRBHO. Its a pain to reach around the gun to throw the bolt with the left hand. Hence, left side charging handle. Etc.

Ace stock, tapco forend, magpul AFG, saw grip... about it for anything weight related.

22" old full choke 2001 model, weighs in around 7 pounds unloaded, probably a tad less as the gun seems ridiculously light. It's a little less than my bone stock RRA Entry tactical AR15 which has NOTHING hanging off of it.