Hi just bought my first rifle. I browsed around for a while before making my choice. I had looked at ar-15, arsenal ak-47, mini 30 and 14. The 132 caught my attention simply because of the price and the proven kalashnikov sytem. I do plan on doing mods on it, in fact it was the one thing I liked about it was that modifications were a must and would let me get to know the rifle better.

A few questions for the people that have them.

1. which trigger group would work the best the tromix or the tapco group. the tapco apparently needs modification and the tromix says for only if your moving the group forward.

2.I know the surefire mags work but are the promags really as bad as the reviews.

3. Does the t6 intrafuse stock and pistol grip pretty solid and does it really need modification or with it bolt up with just minor drilling.

4.The dog leg rail from texas weapon systems seems like a good buy, is it a reliable system(if anyone has one)

5.as far as handguards go how well does the intrafuse hanguard work.

look forward to getting to learn my rifle and build it up how I want it.

thanks for any suggestions

1. Im using the tapco trigger it was not that hard and I was worried about the whole trigger conversion it took me 2 years to finally do it ,but seriously not that hard very pleased with trigger....2. surefires are great but I have had no problems what so ever with my promags i leave em loaded at the house and shoot the hellout of the them at range have two work fine FOR ME...3.. t-6 I bought for 45 bucks on ebay it worked fine but there is so many options out there you might wanna wait until you really know what you want .I bought the ati folder after restoring trigger group the only problem is you cant fold with a scope mount on, but I like it better than my t-6 good luck and happy shooting

thanks for the info. so the tapco trigger group just drops in place of the original. I will definitely keep surefires around as my needs to work everytime mag but will get some pro mags for range use. I am pretty sure I want the t6 instead of just getting a conversion kit. If I was going to do that I would have bought the arsenal ak and saved the time, but where is the fun in that. I have heard the t6 stock works great but the pg needs to be modified if the trigger guard has not been moved up.

1. The Tapco FCG requires no modification for use in (EDIT:) converted rifles, unless you want to reinstall the BHO lever. The one Tromix sells, is aimed at the Saiga 12 (which a normal tapco FCG would require modification to install into). I dont think it will work in a stock neutered Saiga, i could be wrong tho.

2. Best bet is to install a bullet guide and use some sort of surplus 7.62x39 magazine, they are the best, cheapest and most reliable.

3. The Tapco T6 "bolt on stock and grip" setup is convenient but it doesnt tackle moving the FCG forward (see the use of your #1 question) to the correct position. The overwhelming majority of people on this site, do a real conversion which puts the pistol grip farther foward under the receiver. Also, the majority of people who initially purchase the T6 stock/grip setup end up switching it out in favor of a real comversion once they "see the light".

4. I have no persoanl experience.

5. I am happy with the intrafuse handguard on my Saigas. I prefer it without the rails installed. Its an easy 922r compliance part and IMO, its a decent looking addition. I like the sling mount it comes with, which works good with the H&K style sling hooks that i prefer to use.

gallery_20217_554_194690.jpg

Out of all the choices you listed, the fully done Arsenal and the Saiga are tops. You made a good choice!

Edited by Mullet Man

I am not quite sure about the bullet gide yet but once I get comfortable with the gun I probably will. Once you do the bullet guide do you still have to modify the ak mags or will they work anyway.

I probably will change out the intrafuse once I get farther along but for now it will do ok just for the price of it. after that texas weapons systems dog rail so I can get rid of the stock rear sight and go to the backup peep sight with some sort of optic maybe. This is all 4-6 months down the line so we will see what happens.

by the way very nice rifles all together, this one is my shtf gotta work every time gun.

Thanks, the top one is 12g. Mine are nothing fancy compared to what some folks have done to theirs. However they all run 100% and fit my needs nicely!

For a gotta work everytime go to gun, you should be relying on surplus mags and a bullet guide or factory Izhmash/Saiga mags, not Promags, SGM or Tapcos.

To answer your question in post #5. Surplus mags are made to be used with bullet guides, no mods required.

Also, if you search, there are a few good threads about the TWS dog leg top cover/rail.

Edited by Mullet Man

i had read several on the dog leg rails and they seem to be a good choice considering the other option would render the sights useless so this seemed a good route for back up iron sights and a longer sight plane so seems like a win win situation. So if you are not going the conversion route there really is no replacement for the stock trigger group.