tapco or tromix fcg for conversion

The Tromix unit, is simply a Tapco G2 single hook, that has already been modified for you, so it will drop into a Saiga.

If you are handy with a grinder/sander, you can do the mod to the Tapco hammer yourself. However, the Tromix unit also comes with a disconector srping and shepherds crook which is not included with the Tapco unit.

Tony

P.S. Most of the G2 "home grinds" that I have seen look like it was done by drunk teenager with a chainsaw.

• Like 1

I want to know which one is better or if there is any real difference. I already have the bullet guide and t6 stock and pistol grip on the way just could not make a decision on the fcg.

thanks for any suggestions.

If you are gonna use the Bolt Hold Open, then Tromix Modified G2 FCG already has material ground off.

You can also get the normal G2 and do the grinding yourself if inclined.

Or if you'd like to leave the BHO out, you can get the normal Tapco G2. Make sure you get a disconnecter spring, and retaining plate/sheperds crook and some nylon hole plugs.

CSS or MAA has them

I have heard putting the bolt hold open back in is a real son of a bitch, the other stuff I am pretty comfortable with.

Its not that bad. I just studied the

and found that while pushing the retaining pin in, just manipulate the trigger so the FCG/sleeve rise up a little bit which will make pushing the pin through the spring 100 times easier. also putting a notch in the BHO will keep the spring in place, making things easier also. Done correctly the BHO spring install wont take more than 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yek8AfLlu-s&feature=player_embedded

Edited by AZG

I have heard putting the bolt hold open back in is a real son of a bitch, the other stuff I am pretty comfortable with.

If you don't want to mess with the BHO for now, get the Tapco G2.

You can always go back later, modify the hammer, and install the BHO

huge help with the video, I am going to go ahead and maybe invest in a dremmel and punch set to make this a little bit easier on me. I know you can use a file and a drill to get the rivets and trigger guard out but if I am going to do it then I might as well do it right. I remember when I was first thinking of buying the rifle I was sweating over putting a bullet guide in but now I think this will be a small step compared to everything else I am going to do.

Installing the G2 and BHO with the modified hammer is a piece of cake, especially if you use the shepherd's crook. The retaining plate is a tad more tricky as it required modification to the bho lever or safety. The key to getting the BHO in is the bends as illustrated in the video as well as a set of needle nose pliers. Also keep the retaining pin just barely creeping past the edge of the bho lever.

The worst for me has been the arsenal FCG. Due to the tail on the disconnector, it's been impossible for me to use the retaining plate because the safety has to be installed before the FCG goes in. If someone knows a way around this that doesn't include grinding on the disconnector please let me know. I have since gone back to using the shepherd's crook, which I have no issue whatsoever with, except it makes taking the fcg out more time consuming and I've yet to figure out how to remove one of the wires without ruining it.

This whole procedure is gonna be kinda like sex, fun and exciting but nerve racking as hell the first time, but the next time you step up to the plate you know you can knock it out of the park if you want to.

Truthfully I probably could have gotten the sgl-21 and spent around the same money, but this is something where I can get to know my rifle and will be a helluva lot more rewarding when I am finished.

Trigger group on the way from css, cant wait