Medium to High Capacity Magazine ban.

No, but it's sure gotten twisted around into a sporting issue instead of self defense and defense from government. When politicians want to kiss up to gun owners, they never say they have a .38 on the nightstand, say get video showing them stomping around in a field with borrowed plaid hunting clothes and a borrowed side by side that someone had to show him how to hold correctly.

agreed. Politicians are not the people. They have no similarities to the people. I'm taking a Criminal Justice class at a local college and the book, multiple times, states that lawmakers only make laws to make the people *think* they're fixing the problems. Laws are poorly researched and poorly worded so that a Law meant to stop indecent exposure may unintentionally apply to a 12 yr old that had to pee so bad he went on a nearby bush. It's a poor example but you get the idea.

I think that instead of Welding, I need to change my major to political science and try to turn this country around.

Edited by Shoop_da_woop

If someone is on the receiving end of a 14 round dump from an S12, you don't think some will at least attempt to flee when say 2 out of 5 burglars are downed so immediately and brutally?

I don't see the point in trying to predict something like that. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I think we are on the same side here. Do we agree that a single homeowner should have a right to prepare for any eventuality, and have chance to fight back without running out of ammunition, regardless of how many run away or stay and fight? I think so.

Home defense/Personal defense is more or less a god given right than a constitutional right. I.E. it goes without saying.

If the weapon doesn't give the people a fighting chance against who ever would attack us, then it's not really an "arm" by definition of the purpose of the 2nd amendment.

I'm still scratching my head on what "sporting" has to do with anything. Last time I checked, using arms to defend your freedom has nothing to do with sport.

No, but it's sure gotten twisted around into a sporting issue instead of self defense and defense from government. When politicians want to kiss up to gun owners, they never say they have a .38 on the nightstand, say get video showing them stomping around in a field with borrowed plaid hunting clothes and a borrowed side by side that someone had to show him how to hold correctly.

There's a massive connection there too. This is exactly how firearms are viewed in the UK.

If the guns are around, they're for sporting purposes solely.

I wonder if anyone else realizes this too? To me, it seems like the US wants to have the same regulations as the UK.

Basically banning anything your local trap/skeet clique would scoff at.

And more than likely, forcing you to belong to a gun club to buy a gun, which would have to stay locked up at the gun club and inspected regularly.(I know there's some exceptions, but for most people that's how it is.)

Edited by Tombs
  • Like 1