Saiga Tapco Intrafuse T6 w/ pistol grip

yes it can, I just converted mine and used the pistol grip that came with it. When using the pistol grip grind a little off where the triggerguard hides behind the pistol grip. This will provide a much cleaner look for you. To use it in the old trigger hole just get a 1/4 inch by 2 inch hex bolt with a one inch fender washer and stop nut with little thread lock and it will be rock solid.

yes it can, I just converted mine and used the pistol grip that came with it. When using the pistol grip grind a little off where the triggerguard hides behind the pistol grip. This will provide a much cleaner look for you. To use it in the old trigger hole just get a 1/4 inch by 2 inch hex bolt with a one inch fender washer and stop nut with little thread lock and it will be rock solid.

Did you use the buttstock? So you didn't have to cut out the square hole for the grip?

Edited by tomcat49

the stock works fine, just drill out the rearmost rivet since the trigger guard is going to be moved you will know which one. No I just reused the old trigger hole and got a hex bolt and fenderwasher with a stop nut to hold the pistol grip in place. The front edge of the pg needs to be ground down a little to make it sit flush with the trigger guard.

the stock works fine, just drill out the rearmost rivet since the trigger guard is going to be moved you will know which one. No I just reused the old trigger hole and got a hex bolt and fenderwasher with a stop nut to hold the pistol grip in place. The front edge of the pg needs to be ground down a little to make it sit flush with the trigger guard.

OK, Thanks

if you need pics or help just send me a message and I will get back to you, chances are you can figure it out easily.

Reading this forum for a good while now, I had come to the conclusion that the T6 couldn't be used in a conversion....I'm hoping what you're saying is that you CAN reuse the T6, since I'm getting ready to convert my second 7.62...and would like to do it more or less on the cheap, and already have a T6 on it. And also, I'm wondering if the same could be done on a Saiga 12 conversion, which is in line to be my third conversion project.

Thing is, when I completed that first conversion, I had a small pile of parts that looked okay, and that certainly had performed okay, especially the trigger, in the host gun to begin with. And yeah, I realize that lots of those left over parts had to be replaced to meet 922r compliance rules. But still, if some of them can be reused, they might serve to give a bit greater range of options to consider.

So thanks!

• 1 month later...

+1 for using your t6 for your conversion. I didnt even try to use the included saw grip, being as its only meant to screw into the stock. Other than that, the stock itself has not wobbled, broken or been anything but reliable. Some say its a little long for the converted rifle, its perfect for me.

post-31894-0-32178700-1307036160_thumb.jpg

I am 6'4" so I think maybe a little shorter would be better but honestly with my arm length this works just fine. I got the pistol grip in by putting my 1/4 inch by 2 inch hex screw in a bench vise and giving it a slight bend to it would sit straight inside the reciever. plus it keeps the pg right up against the trigger guard nice and tight. Although I did not get the stock in as straight as I wanted, but it is just a little farther out at the top of the reciever than the bottom so no big deal for me it is still rock solid.

Edited by dashowdy
  • Like 1

I have about 1/16" gap between my reciever and t6 as well. Same here, rock solid. Its good to hear that you can use the PG that comes with it, that can save 20 bucks for sure. Good info howdy