I bought a gas tube from css and can not get it to fit. At first it would not even fit now after some griding with a dremel it fits but does not lock in place. It this much trouble normal or did i get the wrong part?

If you press it down into place, does it pop back up? Will it lock into place with the handguard retainer removed?

Look at the material that wraps around the tube, near the front. It may be - as it was in my case - that that material is contacting the handguard retainer when you press it down into place. I had to hit it very briefly with the dremel grinding tool at that place at the bottom.

I bought a gas tube from css and can not get it to fit. At first it would not even fit now after some griding with a dremel it fits but does not lock in place. It this much trouble normal or did i get the wrong part?

If you press it down into place, does it pop back up? Will it lock into place with the handguard retainer removed?

Look at the material that wraps around the tube, near the front. It may be - as it was in my case - that that material is contacting the handguard retainer when you press it down into place. I had to hit it very briefly with the dremel grinding tool at that place at the bottom.

+1 - I had to grind the front grip retainer:

005-vi.jpg

and I had to grind a "lower lip" thinner and create a "land" behind it to fit:

009-vi.jpg