It goes the other way with Minnesota State Troopers as well. I'm originally from up north there and had my license expire while stationed overseas. Minnesota at the time would issue an extension card that had to be presented with the expired license and military ID. Upon returning stateside, on my to my next duty station, a trooper nabbed me just south of Burnsville with a pretty good speed violation. What made it worse was the fact I was in a construction zone which I thought it was out of. After looking at my credentials, he tossed them back in my window, told me to slow down and have a safe trip. Looks like in your case, he pulled you over then started digging for a reason for the stop. Good luck, hopefully he doesn't show in court and it gets dropped. Minnesota tint laws suck btw. Been pulled over for that too.

Too bad you dont live up this way anymore we could go shooting and drinking. I lived in burnsville for two years also but now live in St. Paul. Funny south of burnsville in Northfield ( where Jesse James gang got shot up ) is where he got me the first time. He looks like an older Harry Potter, more math teacher than trooper.

Good luck on your ticket. When I lived in Houston in the 80s, I had a Grand National, and received 15 tickets. I got out of all of them except one, a speeding ticket. They were for all sorts of different things, but it helped having Officer buddies and friends that knew Officers. That car was a curse and a blessing. It was a chick magnet, but also a cop magnet! lol. Sometimes I got pulled over just because the Officer wanted a close up look at the car and wanted me to pop the hood and stuff, they always said they wished their department would buy them as Police vehicles! That's how I got to know a few of them anyway. They were all pretty cool.

Edited by BronCobraJet

Too bad you dont live up this way anymore we could go shooting and drinking. I lived in burnsville for two years also but now live in St. Paul. Funny south of burnsville in Northfield ( where Jesse James gang got shot up ) is where he got me the first time. He looks like an older Harry Potter, more math teacher than trooper.

I was just passing through the Twin Cities coming from further up north. I visit occasionally as family is still up there. Shooting and drinking in that order right? :)