Filing BHO upon conversion, and touch up paint

Hello,

1) For those that put the BHO back in after conversion, does the button get in the way of the trigger? Is any filing done?

2) After filing my mag catch can I just degrease and spray w/ paint of choice? Or is this not necessary if a light coat of gun oil is present?

Thanks. I'm really digging the information on this site.

many just leave it out. I like it and kept mine in. there are a couple of things that will help. file or dremmel a small notch or grove where the leg of the BHO spring leg rests on the BHO. this will help keep it from ever falling off. then push your BHO tab up AS far as it will go make a mark a line on using the receiver as your guide. next i dremmeled mine back at about a 45 degree angle so it would still function and be out of the way of my trigger finger. remember fit test and don't take off small bits a at a time. smooth edges when finished. The holes in receiver will get the plastic trigger group plugs when i get final wood stained and paint final version of the rifle. pics are of my .223. I did same with the 7.62 x 39.

post-7194-0-02945300-1307078631_thumb.jpg

post-7194-0-21325300-1307078638_thumb.jpg

Edited by leadslinger

Thanks for the information. Maybe I should just ditch the BHO?

In your picture...: Did you rivet that piece onto your safety lever? If so how did you do it and does it work well?

many just leave it out. I like it and kept mine in. there are a couple of things that will help. file or dremmel a small notch or grove where the leg of the BHO spring leg rests on the BHO. this will help keep it from ever falling off. then push your BHO tab up AS far as it will go make a mark a line on using the receiver as your guide. next i dremmeled mine back at about a 45 degree angle so it would still function and be out of the way of my trigger finger. remember fit test and don't take off small bits a at a time. smooth edges when finished. The holes in receiver will get the plastic trigger group plugs when i get final wood stained and paint final version of the rifle. pics are of my .223. I did same with the 7.62 x 39.

yes i did and it works super well. I can't remember exactly where i bought them but i have them on all my saigas. easy to rivet. I just took a hex head bolt i had lying around and with help from this forum i use a dremmel to hollow out the head to fit the rivet then use a metal backing and hammered away.

ditching the BHO is a personal preference. it would save time. i like it especially when i am at the range. It really isn't critical as you can use a plastic flag as the range. I have just gotten used to it.