They would look GREAT in my Taurus Judge Magnum 3"........mmmmmm

I have a Magnum Judge too. They say "for shotgun use only" on them? I posted a question on the Taurus Armed forum to see if anyone has tried them. I'm a little worried they might be higher pressure than the judge can handle. One website said they were not for the judge because the case diameter was too large and would lock the cylinder. If that is the only reason I don't think it would be a problem they fit in and the cylinder still rotates. Maybe they expand and get stuck like some ammo. If you try them let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Saiga 410 and 3" Magnum Judge to the range today to try out the Centurion Ammo. I also took some Nobel Hunting bird shot which is also Italian made, I think by the same manufacture, they have the same head stamp/markings.

Saiga:

I started with birdshot. The fist round separated. The brass ejected, the plastic hull stayed, and the next round jammed the spent hull in the chamber. I could not remove it with a cleaning rod at the range, so that was that :cryss: .

Judge:

I decided to try the birdshot first in the judge. I fired one round, It did not separate but I later noticed that the brass had loosned from the plastic.

Next I tried .400 Centurion ammo. Very impressive recoil and muzzle blast! I wouldn't want to be down range of that. However, as feared the shell expanded/ seperated and jammed the cylinder. No damage to the gun but the rounds are not functionable in the judge. The brass seperated from the shell and the primer seperated from the brass.

Conclusion:

Italian ammo is junk for the judge and saiga :booo: But it may work in a pump or single shot. I think the overall quality is poor. Pictures and explanations to follow.

The first picture is the .400 Buckshot I fired in my Judge. That is what the primer looked like when I removed the shell from the cylinder. As I looked at it I noticed there is very little holding the primer in. I could pop it in and out by hand. Pictures 3 and 4 compare the Italian brass base with a Federal brass base. As you can see there is brass supporting the entire primer on the Federal and only a small lip on the Centurion/Nobel. The plastic hull itself does support the primer on the Centurion/Nobel, but if the plastic readily separates from the brass it doesn't do any real good. The last picture is both shell that seperated, the one on the right is the one I removed from the barrel of my S410. The one round of birdshot I shot in my judge didn't separate but it did loosen and spins by hand even though it doesn't pop on and off like the others.

Hope I helped some of you out.

post-33660-0-96007600-1308456644_thumb.jpg

post-33660-0-40998500-1308456685_thumb.jpg

post-33660-0-29684000-1308456709_thumb.jpg

post-33660-0-73967300-1308456724_thumb.jpg

post-33660-0-66429900-1308456746_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I put several of the centurion buckshot rounds through my buddy's Super Camanche (single shot 410 pistol) They worked fine in it. So I guess they are good for something. I put a few more rounds through my saiga one at a time. The brass expanded to the shape of the chamber leaving a budge in the side of the brass...

• 3 months later...

The first picture is the .400 Buckshot I fired in my Judge. That is what the primer looked like when I removed the shell from the cylinder. As I looked at it I noticed there is very little holding the primer in. I could pop it in and out by hand. Pictures 3 and 4 compare the Italian brass base with a Federal brass base. As you can see there is brass supporting the entire primer on the Federal and only a small lip on the Centurion/Nobel. The plastic hull itself does support the primer on the Centurion/Nobel, but if the plastic readily separates from the brass it doesn't do any real good. The last picture is both shell that seperated, the one on the right is the one I removed from the barrel of my S410. The one round of birdshot I shot in my judge didn't separate but it did loosen and spins by hand even though it doesn't pop on and off like the others.

Hope I helped some of you out.

To clarify on the pics, the two brass heads shown togeather are a nobel/centurion on the right (notice the lack of plastic gripping surface) and a FEDERAL on the left (notice the primer holding/ plastic shell gripping surface) The federal I CUT off a shell and punched out the primer, the centurion came off all by itself.