Thanks for the advice and ideas!

I just want to thank all you guys out there who gave me all the great advice and ideas about Saigas and converting them. I really had a great time converting my .308 and then my 7.62x39 Saigas. I was like a lot of other guys who were reluctant to wade into the waters of what normally a gunsmith would only be able to do. I liked reading some of the posts where guys would get stuck on a problem and then someone who also encountered the same thing would freely volunteer up the remedy and problem solved!

I finally got fed up with my lousy trigger on the factory .308 and gathered my parts after my tax returns arrived and once I started I used all the great info and videos on this forum and it was very easy. That got me motivated to do my 7.62x39 and although it was a little more involved than the.308 due to the rear trigger pins that needed drilling, I found it relativly easy. I guess I got the AK bug. I saw the Draco's and bought a CA compliant version and tricked it out again looking at Guido's great Draco picture thread (drifted off topic a couple times..sorry)and again got some great ideas and had more fun with tricking out that little monster. I took some positive critical advice from Tombs who asked why all the do-dad's on my .308 with the laser and bipod and other things when it's already a heavy rifle? I thought about that and realized I wanted to retro both my .308 & 7.62x39 back to traditional AK stock and fore arms and I am glad I did.I felt like I had brand new rifles.

After I got done with my last project, the 7.62x39 I felt a little lost without any more gun building to do....AK withdrawls I guess :-( I cured that quickly last weekend when I did some horse trading and I will be picking up my WASR-UF underfolder (locked open in CA) next Wed. It's CA compliant BUT it'll be worked on a bit with more customizing...fun fun fun.

Thanks again for the fun!

By the way please note who the real enemy is...and with her finger on the trigger!

post-24333-0-04020500-1310687799_thumb.jpg

Edited by Berzerker2