5 shot russian mag

anyone know if you can mod a 5 shot mag into a 6 shot and how its done?? tried the search but no dice....

I have. It worked fine. I have been told that it will weaken the spring, but I do not beleive it. I have seen the spring from an 8 round Russian mag and it is as long as a SGM 12 round mag spring and they are about the same stiffness.

I think that I ended up taking exactly 1/4" off on the bottom of the follower. Don't forget to round the edges of what you cut and remove any burrs. The only ill benefit that I have noticed is that, my mag at least, will not load on a closed bolt with 3" magnum rounds in it. I cut the follower just enough to allow that next round to go in the mag and it will not compress enough to closed bolt load. Other than that, it is worth the effort.

Sorry for the slow reply been out playin with my s12 :killer: ran real good shoots #7 bird shot on setting 1 no problem!!(iv only lightly polished the bolt carrier/hammer/FCG, havent touched the bolt at all!!) looks like i dont need to take of my gasblock and re-do my ports!

thanks EVL! you are the man! i'll set about that mod asap....my only problem is that i have an early 02 gun with no BHO fitted as standard iv looked around but parts for the s12 over hear are like rocking horse dodo!!! it seems CSS have them but dont ship out of country :unsure: i cant see why either its not like its a major part ie a barrel, or a hi cap mag thats covered by itar regs....

Edited by DimeBar

Dime,

Just make sure that you take an equal anount off of all 4 corners of the follower and it should work fine.

On the BHO, do you think you could make one and do you have access to another one to copy? Let me know.

i have limited tools EVL,and theres only 2 other people i know with a saiga12 one is a gunsmith he will want to make it for me at a high price ie £50 an hour!!! so not really an option, and the other had problems with his standard unit so not sure if he junked his?and fitted a magwell, plus they are both my (friendly-ish LOL):lolol: competitors in my clubs PSG comps so any advantage they can get from me fumbling on a closed bolt the better(for them):haha: !!

i have limited tools EVL,and theres only 2 other people i know with a saiga12 one is a gunsmith he will want to make it for me at a high price ie £50 an hour!!! so not really an option, and the other had problems with his standard unit so not sure if he junked his?and fitted a magwell, plus they are both my (friendly-ish LOL):lolol: competitors in my clubs PSG comps so any advantage they can get from me fumbling on a closed bolt the better(for them):haha: !!

If you can get your hands on a piece of metal that is about 2mm thick and you want to try it yourself, I will take a good picture of one and give you measurements on it. There is only one bend in it and it would be fairly easy to make, in my opinion.

If you can get your hands on a piece of metal that is about 2mm thick and you want to try it yourself, I will take a good picture of one and give you measurements on it. There is only one bend in it and it would be fairly easy to make, in my opinion.