My Saiga 308 Bushnell Scope, Hawg Light

Well here is my Saiga 308 with the wooden furniture. I honestly loved how accurate the gun was at 100yds. with the iron sights. I could get it around the second circle or bull's eye every time. But a part of me wanted to get an optics system. So I chose the Bushnell 3x9x40 Trophy XLT w/ DOA600 reticle. Granted this is my first scope, I do regret going with it and should have gone with a Ruski Scope due to their low profile, ability to co-witness, and select illuminated reticles. But I did not and this scope does get the job done and if I really needed to use the irons, the UTG slides right off. I went to the range after I installed it and shooting was god awful due to a mid air cheek weld:or there lack there of. So I got the Scope-Eze stick on Pad which ended up hacking to fit the Saiga Stock, and slid it back far enough where I could still use my iron sights when the Scope was removed. I dont think it is the best cheek riser setup but my choices are limited with the walnut stock which I refuse to get rid off. I started out with Medium Height Scope Rings and quickly realized it is way to high due to the design of the rifle, so it was my goal to lower it, and I did so with Low Scope Rings, and cleared the Iron Sights by about a 1 mm with the sacrifice of by Front Butler Creek Scope Cover. I am too busy studying in college to for a Range Report so one is coming soon because the last one was an epic fail with my mid-air cheek weld.

I started out with this

397950968.jpg

397950966.jpg

Than I got this Bushnell Scope shitty piece of scope for any purpose in my opinion

397950967.jpg

397951014.jpg

397950965.jpg

Than I got lowered rings and the Cheek Pad, and had about 1 mm in between, hope it doesnt interfere because I know AK Rifles do have barrel flex when fired. Front Scope Cover had to go:(

397950951.jpg

397950952.jpg

397950935.jpg

397950933.jpg

397950941.jpg

397950943.jpg

397950949.jpg

The XLR-250 Kill Light

397950946.jpg

I know its in a room but it will light up the area that bright at 200 yards no problem

397950953.jpg

So call me crazy but I mounted my Hawg Light on top of the front of the barrel and it projected the iron sights wherever I was aiming. Any way this could work as a good hip fire setup with the scope on at night? I had a tactical laser mounted but took it off cause I could never get it close enough to the bore to do a good allignment.

397950950.jpg

Edited by Yarosig

The bushnell scopes are really clear and crisp in the low light conditions. I can stay in my stand longer because of it in the evenings and still see good enough for a shot too. For the cost vs the quality of the bushnell scope i think you made a wise choice. UNKN

Edited by Unknown Poster

Well I am not very happy right know, and I figured out why I have been more accurate with my iron sights than the scope. I pick it up today, and ding ding, loose objective lens

So this was my first Optical Scope and apparently it's been like this the whole time and me lacking the witts to know if anuything was wrong. I am frustrated with this trophy xlt and will never buy a Korean made scope again. I mean the focus adjuster whole back piece had a 1/8" of play. So I head to academy to look at every scope there and I run into the Bushnell Elite 3200 for $135, shoot I was about to pay $180 till I found that out. Multi X Reticle just isnt as good but the Scope is Milleniums better quality wise, even compared to the Bone Hunter which I did not choose because it seemed like the same thing as the trophy xlt.. Pics coming soon

Edited by Yarosig

Here it is mounted up. If anyone is int he market for a scope or wants to get a badass backup, I'd run to academy now! In fact this one was less than my trophy xlt. too bad they're out that cheap Russian Ammo cause I cant afford nothing else.

397989431.jpg

397989434.jpg

Edited by Yarosig