11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is better choice

• S&W 640 pro series
    • Ruger sp101

The 357 lcr is heavier. About 17 ounces I think. While the 38 version is about 13. They are nice pistols. I've been pocket carrying mine for the last few days.

Didnt realize my LCR .357 was that heavy.....til you mentioned it....still a nice light gun :killer:

It definately is! From what I've seen its one of the lightest 357 snubs you can get. The scandium smiths are a little lighter but a bigger hand full. The lcr 357 has just the right balance of weight, comfort, power, and concealability. They have a trigger thats to die for too ;)

Edited by saigacrazy

It definately is! From what I've seen its one of the lightest 357 snubs you can get. The scandium smiths are a little lighter but a bigger hand full. The lcr 357 has just the right balance of weight, comfort, power, and concealability. They have a trigger thats to die for too ;)

I am going to add the night sights and a boot grip (i have in a uncle mikes in my front pocket....boot grip has less of a bump print)

I would like to add the night sight but I think I'm going to keep the grip thats on it. Its so comfy and helps with the recoil. Would be nice of it wasn't so much of a clingy rubber. It does print a little for me to. Its in my front pocket in a concealment specialties holster right now. The printing doesn't bother me much. I've asked a few people I know if they can find it and no one has yet. Plus I have alot of stuff in my other pocket that prints some too so it looks even. Most of my pants and shorts have pretty big pockets so its fine for pocket carry in them. For clothes with smaller pockets I have an iwb holster that is comfy to.

Edited by saigacrazy
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up the sp101. Love it btw. It weighs in at 25oz. I am pretty sure and I dont mind it at all. Its about the same size and weight as my .45. I defenetly agree the grip is clingy but most likely to leave because it does feel really nice!