Moving the trigger

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb n00b questions that will be answered with "SEARCH THE ARCHIVES YOU @&$*$ NOOB!"

Anyway, I bought this gun the way it sits, it has a collapsible Tapco stock and pistol grip but the grip screws into the stock, Tapco sells it as a set for the Saiga. I have the Tapco trigger group, it came with the gun but was never installed. I think I'll probably go ahead and convert it since I have most of the really expensive parts already, I just need a new stock and a couple of pieces of hardware at this point. I'm also considering the Dinzag safety lever mod as well.

101_2498.jpg

(note that the dust cover, bolt, etc has been removed, I was looking into the guts of the thing as I was following some online instructions - I think I can do this...)

101_2499.jpg

The next question, should I go ahead and get another pistol grip, or will this one work?

As far as the pistol grip goes, I am not sure. A great resource is Carrolina Shooters Supply. They are a vendor hear on the forum. You receive a 5% discount being a forum member. Their customer service is outstanding and Greg would be able to answer the question about the pistol grip. Dinzag is also another well respected dealer, he would be able to help you out as well. You will be happy when you restore the gun to its proper configuration!:super:

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sure I'll ask a lot of dumb n00b questions that will be answered with "SEARCH THE ARCHIVES YOU @&$*$ NOOB!"

Anyway, I bought this gun the way it sits, it has a collapsible Tapco stock and pistol grip but the grip screws into the stock, Tapco sells it as a set for the Saiga. I have the Tapco trigger group, it came with the gun but was never installed. I think I'll probably go ahead and convert it since I have most of the really expensive parts already, I just need a new stock and a couple of pieces of hardware at this point. I'm also considering the Dinzag safety lever mod as well.

101_2498.jpg

(note that the dust cover, bolt, etc has been removed, I was looking into the guts of the thing as I was following some online instructions - I think I can do this...)

101_2499.jpg

The next question, should I go ahead and get another pistol grip, or will this one work?

You will need a new PG, PG nut & screw, FCG retainer, and hole plugs.

The PG you have is designed for a FAL, but some have modified it to work.