For optics try a POSP for now and see how you like it.

As far as accuracy... Well, I've never missed what I was shooting at, at 100 yards or so.

It's not a bench rest gun, but if you do shoot it from a bench, you will be surprised by the groupings.

As accurate as an M4gery? well, it depends. I would expect 2" at 100 yards from a saiga .308. I would be happy with 1.5", and ecstatic with less than 1".

I have found a lot of rifles to be picky about ammo, my PSL and a friends M4gery among them. Buy one box of everything .308 on the shelf (no, I'm not kidding), shoot a couple groups with each box, and see what *your* gun likes.

For improving accuracy, 90% of that is shooting practice. The other improvements you can make is ammo choice and maybe optics (if your eyes can't see the target well, your grouping will suck, period).

POSPs are good-quality inexpensive scopes, although the Simonov reticule takes some getting used to. I have a POSP clone (Romanian TIP2), and it's quite nice. I wouldn't buy more than about a 2.5-10x, and would strongly consider a 4x fixed for most shooting. You certainly don't need a 6.5-20x44 Vortex Viper PA like I have... but it is fun to scare the neighbors with at the range!

I would expect 2" at 100 yards from a saiga .308. I would be happy with 1.5", and ecstatic with less than 1".

In my experience, that's about right.

With ammo it likes, I've shot a couple of (barely) sub-MOA 4 round groups at 100 yards. But honestly, I'm probably a 1.5 - 2 MOA shooter at best and the smaller groups were probably as much of a fluke as a testament to the gun's accuracy or my shooting.

I've shot a ton of groups under 2", and a fair amount under 1.5". I've also shot lots of terrible groups in load development or because I sucked that day.

Edited by Dudethebagman