Low Recoil Remy 00 Buck

I went to the range and all they had was just some Remington low recoil 00 Buck ammo. I bought it thinking it should still cycle.

well with the V Plug at it's highest setting, I couldn't get it to cycle.

I can shoot the federal or Remington bird-shot ammo from Walmart (the one for like 25 bucks per 100) no problem.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had problems with low recoil rounds on their Saiga's

Mine is worked on by Tac-47. (18" barrel, enlarged gas ports, V-Plug/Auto plug (depends what I have on) etc)

but I was surprised I couldn't cycle it. I blamed it on low recoil rounds not having enough power to operate the cycle...

I do have the Federal tactical (LE132) and those shoot find, and I *think* those are low recoil as well, but I might be wrong...

anyways, thanks guys!

(I was using the stock saiga mag)

I tried Remington 1 Buck 16 pellet commercial loads a while back. I thought with all that lead mass there should be enough pressure kept in the system long enough to cycle the action. Nope. I suspect a slow burning powder is used and that the whole charge doesn't burn before leaving the 19 bbl. Does the round you shot produce a sizable fireball after dark? Did the gun appear to be more dirty after shooting these rounds?

• Like 1