Shot slugs on setting 2 now lead inside gas block?

I bought my saiga 12 earlier in the year. I shot buckshot and walmart lowbrass sucessfully on setting 2. The second time I shot sugs without thinking on setting 2 (probably like 45 rounds) then tried lowbrass again and it failed to eject. I thought nothing of it and put the gun away stressed out. Ive been doing some research and decided to pill the gas plug out and check my gas ports. I have 3 ports and there was lead smeared all over the place. The gas puck was all buggered up. I had to remove all of the debris just to remove the puck. I smoothed it all out and removed lead from everything.

I accidentally did it again the other day and just wondering if I put it on setting 1 for slugs if it should cure this ??

I wont be able to get to the range for a few days, Im in the hospital waiting for my wife to give birth to my 3rd little girl. Dont worry they will have pink and purple Saiga's :)

I bought my saiga 12 earlier in the year. I shot buckshot and walmart lowbrass sucessfully on setting 2. The second time I shot sugs without thinking on setting 2 (probably like 45 rounds) then tried lowbrass again and it failed to eject. I thought nothing of it and put the gun away stressed out. Ive been doing some research and decided to pill the gas plug out and check my gas ports. I have 3 ports and there was lead smeared all over the place. The gas puck was all buggered up. I had to remove all of the debris just to remove the puck. I smoothed it all out and removed lead from everything.

I accidentally did it again the other day and just wondering if I put it on setting 1 for slugs if it should cure this ??

I wont be able to get to the range for a few days, Im in the hospital waiting for my wife to give birth to my 3rd little girl. Dont worry they will have pink and purple Saiga's smile.gif

Just out of curiosity how did you get the lead off the puck? I've tried scraping mine but it is on there pretty well!

The number 2 setting lets more gas through and thus more gunk into the gas chamber.

The number 1 setting is less gas, so less gunk.

I've seen both positive and negative feedback on the auto plug, I don't know what it's "gunk factor" is though.

No idea if it lets more or less gunk through than a properly set manual gas plug.

Probably just wasnt paying attention to how my gun worked. I now fully understand after taking it apart and looking how it works. Just wondering if this is going to be a constant problem with the lead getting in there and slowing down the action. And havnt had enough time to find out for myself.

It is probably related. I asked my question because I shot 100 of the Centurion slugs on setting 3 on the Gunfixr plug (the setting that allowed them to cycle) and I ran into a similar problem both with birdshot and lead on the puck.

I did not really notice the problem shooting Winchester slugs with the factory regulator on setting 11