Saiga .223 barrel rise and recoil

Well yes, at least I think so. I would not suprise me one bit if the .223's are a bit over gassed. On my rifle firing xm193 stuff the recoil/muzzle rise was insane for the caliber. The bolt was just slamming into the trunion with way to much force.

You can try a wolff 15% extra force recoil spring. Thats the 1st thing I tried and it did help. More extreme things to do are shave your gas piston down. I ended up taking just a little bit of material on the top and bottom of the gas piston. That had a suprisingly huge effect. Things that dont work or do much is a ported gas block. A good muzzle brake certainly helps as well, at least with muzzle flip.

Hope that helps.

I really don’t think my Saiga has excessive muzzle jump or recoil, but mine is the 16 inch version with a shock buffer installed. I’ve used 55 and 62 grain with no noticeable difference.

Would this by chance be your first center fire rifle and the recoil is new to you?

Well I have fired several other rifles, including a 7.62 Hungarian ak, and the recoil is not as much as the 7.62, but i was expecting a lighter recoil for .223 and certainly was expecting less muzzle rise. Yes this is my first center fire rifle. I find it difficult to land consecutive rapid fire shots in the 30 yard range(standing up). Maybe a muzzle device will help in keeping the rifle stabilized when firing, what do you think. I have been watching several videos lately on muzzle brakes and it looks to be true in keeping the muzzle rise more stabilized.