Adding limb saver pad to Tromix stock

I see that you can buy the limb saver pad separately for the Tromix stock. But how is it put on? Has anyone here ever done this? Does the end on the original Tromix stock need to be cut off? Is the new limb saver glued or screwed on? If glued, what glue/adhesive is best?

Greg from CSS said to use a putty knife to separate the old pad from the stock. I did this, and it worked. He said the recommended adhesive is Plumbers Goop (tacky in consistency), which can be found at Lowe's or Home Depot. I could not find the Tromix Limbsaver pad, everyone was sold out (CSS, Mississippi Auto Arms, etc). I found a Limbsaver pad for a Rem 700 at a local store for $35 (as opposed to the $65 Tromix) - the mounting plate is almost the same size as the back of the Tromix. I sanded the stock and the back of the pad, then glued both pieces using the Goop. So far it's holding up very well. I'll have some time off this week to range test it. Feels much better than the sold delrin pad.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got to shoot it this weekend. I shot 80 shells (25 slugs for sighting in Krebs sights - very awesome add on, 5 00 buck Rem 2 3/4, 50 Rem heavy dove loads No. 8). The pad held up great and is a VAST improvement over the solid pad originally on the stock. I'm sure Greg @ CSS would have traded the plain Tromix stock for the limbsaver, but I've had it for over a year and it has some dings on it. For $35, I'm very happy with this pad improvement. Will post pics soon.