Trigger guard options for conversion.....

So I have ordered my Saiga-12 and am going to piece together my conversion kit.......I am hung up on trigger guards. I like the idea of the rivet on guard with pistol grip support plate that AK-builder sells, I have all the riveting tools I would need, a tig machine and work in a machine shop so it wouldn't be a problem. However, I work nights, have a 4 month old boy I watch during the day before I go to work, and see my wife very little as we don't have the same days off work. So any free time is very valuable to me. I see a few of these different DIY trigger guards that are bolt on/rivet on with no spot welding and have a PG nut built into the guard. These would save me time.....but are they sturdy? Does the pistol grip flex from side to side at all? I would be leaning towards the MD arms type trigger guards with two rivets in the front to triangulate the guard mounting points.....any experience with these and their durability?

Thanks - Egan

I'm really not interested in screw-in guards......hell I can crush a rivet faster than I can apply a thread locking compound and turn the screw in. I am not interested in a trigger guard that has the rivet/bolt holes all in one line.....I like the idea of triangulation for stability. So from what I can tell the MD arms and AK-builder trigger guards are my only options as far as having two rivets securing the front of the guard.

I'm really not interested in screw-in guards......hell I can crush a rivet faster than I can apply a thread locking compound and turn the screw in. I am not interested in a trigger guard that has the rivet/bolt holes all in one line.....I like the idea of triangulation for stability. So from what I can tell the MD arms and AK-builder trigger guards are my only options as far as having two rivets securing the front of the guard.

Correct. MD Arms and AK Builder are the only options other than cutting a standard AK trigger guard to fit. Beware of the Bulgarian trigger guards from KVar. They are extremely brittle and good for nothing.

Here are a couple a clay builds that I did for the wife and I. Hers is on top. Both have riveted MD Arms trigger guards.

post-22401-0-71231000-1320538152_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-92944100-1320538285_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz