Ok so a friend of mine picked up a mossberg 5500 mk ii from some guy. Guess the thing has been sitting for quite some time and when he went to shoot it had some cycleing problems. I offered to take a look at it and yes it has been sitting around and was gummed up pretty bad. Got it all cleaned up and was just hand cycling it and it seems to not want to flip the next shell up to the bolt. I noticed that the shell in the tube sometimes pops back past the paw or whatever its called but im not sure thats the root of the problem. Havnt shot it yet and was just looking for some insight in case it still doesnt work when i do go shoot..

Also i did some research and all that i have found they were made in 87, cost about 250$ when it came out, came with 2 barrels one for 2 3/4 and a 3" mag one, and they had trouble cycling light loads. Also i saw that some of the internals might need polishing for increased reliability. Other than that it seems like it was an early 9300 and the general consensus is that its kinda just a beater

Anybody have one and have some insight for me?

Edited by sneaky

Well. I took it out and it shoots but only likes heavier 3" stuff and buck shot out of 2 3/4. Noticed that 2 3/4 shells see to hang up on the way out of the magazine tube. I think the buck shot works only because it rattles enough from recoil to make it work. 3" is long enough to come the whole way out of the tube and hit the lever that lets the flap flip up and complete the cycle. Anybody try and polish up the shell stops on either side? Thinking that might help the shorter stuff slide and hit the control lever.