New to Saiga 5.45

Hello all. I used to hang on the x39 forum. Got away from my x39 for awhile and got into Mosin Nagants for awhile. I collect the US made M91s and spam can 54R is a great round. Thru swapping at gunshows I ended up with a CAI AK74 clone, which brought me to the 5.45. It's so plentiful and cheap I decided to get a Saiga in 5.45, so I did. I finally saw it yesterday, will pick it up from FFL soon. It has an 09 serial number. What are the chances of the barrel being threaded and what are the chances that if will reliably fit/feed all the various milsurp mags I have. I plan to convert once I get the time and funds, then probably sell the CAI. They are in good demand locally. Also, are these Saiga 5.45 worthy of scoping; I have a Belarus made QR and Vortex fixed 6x sitting on the shelf. Thanks for any info. I am having fun reading all the greatinfo/ tutorials here.

Nobody has ever threaded the ak74 barrel, accept for the polish tantal-wz88. The front sight block carries the threads on all other 74's.

So as beefcake said zero percent chance. The only reason some 7.62x39s have threads is because they were using military surplus barrels instead of new production commercial barrels.

Edited by veprk