Beating a dead horse....

Hi guys,

My wife is going to be getting me my conversion goodies for Christmas and its up to me how I want to finish it. Well, Im not much for anything plastic, or tactical. I really want to use the wooden furniture set from Ironwood to finish my conversion. Some things I'm not sure of is what I will need to do to mount the hand guard. I haven't seen or heard of the exact method of doing this. Is it simple, or really involved?

I have read about changing gas tubes, and adding retainers. I'm fairly new to the s12's but they seem pretty straight forward. Can someone who has experience with the Ironwood set tell me what is involved in using their hand guard and attaching it properly.

Thanks guys.

-Justin

deadhorse.gif

37 posts and you dont know thisssssss.....man. whos kid. haha.gif just kidding.

I think you're talking about the Dinzag Mod. Here is the link: http://www.dinzagarm...a_12/aks12.html

From what I understand its quite simple. The directions explain. Its a little expensive. You will probably need the $500 package. comes with all the necessary goodies but will look awesome when you're done. Ive been wanting to do the same but dont have the loot at the time being. But then again, why am I frikn talking, you wanted someone with experience with it. bwahahahahahahaadrevil.gif

I do have experience with the lower hg actually. What you order from Ironwood will be fitted for your S12. The Dinzag lower HG retainer will mount it to your gasblock. then you just cut the gas tube, tap the old RSB off and put the new one on, the new gas tube unscrews into the gas block and then you mount the upper hg and the retainers.

Edited by AZG