After looking around for a good sling I've realize I could make my own (not as nice) for under $5

Walmart. and picked up a 1" strap with a buckle and a box of extra buckles. Had some parachute cord and duck tape.

The first one I made was the one on my AK. It clips at each end and has plenty of slake for adjustment. It was a little crude but it works.

Second sling I made was the one on my AR (like this one better). I modeled it after a Viking tactical sling. It attaches at both ends and I made an attachment so I can clip the butt stock to a vest if I wanted. I can easily adjust the length with the pull tab.

What other ideas have people come up with for DIY low cost slings?

post-20691-0-93740400-1323977494_thumb.jpg

post-20691-0-86946100-1323977513_thumb.jpg

post-20691-0-77375900-1323977530_thumb.jpg

post-20691-0-28721800-1323977545_thumb.jpg

I think the best is a double cobra stitch 550 paracord sling (looks like the survival bracelets but much longer. Pain in the ass the guess the starting cord lengths and the first 3/4 is a bitch to weave because of the length of the cord you need to pull it off without tying or fusing pieces together.

I did a short segment of sling using the friendship bracelet weave TARE mentioned and some OD cargo parachute shroud line I picked up at the local surplus store. The weave looked all right, but my attachment method kind of stunk. I'll have to try again and maybe use a flat eight-strand plait.