New Guy with Converted Saiga .308

I have been lurking for quite some time but recently acquired a Saiga .308 21" so I thought I should join in the fun.

Purchased Saiga .308 21.8" barrel as in PIC 1 with Tapco Buttstock, RAM trigger guard, and Dinzag Arsenal 2-stage trigger.

Latest Mods in PIC 2 - ATI Tractical Finger Molded Grip, CSS Bottom Trirail with lightening cuts, Magpul AFG, SGM 20 RD Mag, UTG Fast Disconnect Side Mount, SightMark Ultrashot QD Optics.

Next phase will be to replace the UTG side mount with A TWS Dogleg receiver cover scope rail, move the FSB back and thread for Muzzle Break and investigate other Buttstocks

Comments and suggestions are welcome

PIC 1

Saiga_308.jpg

PIC2

Saiga_308-1-1.jpg

Edited by GreySmoke

That's not a Tapco stock. Unless the previous owner did some extensive modification, it looks more like a either a Bulgarian or US-made K-var stock. Either country of origin makes a pretty good option for fixed polymer stocks.

I get the feeling Tapco would be better if the tangs were better constructed. In my take on the fixed-to-folding stock project, I discovered the Tapco stock is actually made of thicker plastic than its Bulgarian factory counterpart.

The rifle looks good so far! You may want to look into different optics when you get your TWS rail installed. It doesn't look like your current red dot sits very low to the rail, and using such a sight would mean losing one of the benefits of that particular mount.