What about USAS drums?

The drums have no feed tower (like an AK drum) so the receiver would require extensive cutting and modification. But sure, it is technically possible. Never seen it done.

Edit: A Knox drum would be easier.

Edited by KySoldier

Ya..I was thinking about that too. How close is the feed-tower to a Saiga 12 magazine?

You would have to either have to rework the mag latching system entirely or graft the top half of a Saiga 12 mag to the USAS drum. However the method, it would have to hold the very heavy mag in place and feed reliably. Last time I saw a USAS 12 drum mag for sale it was near the $350+ area. Thats enough to make me think twice before I fire up the Dremel tool.

RonSwin

:dollar::eek:

Ya..I was thinking about that too. How close is the feed-tower to a Saiga 12 magazine?

You would have to either have to rework the mag latching system entirely or graft the top half of a Saiga 12 mag to the USAS drum. However the method, it would have to hold the very heavy mag in place and feed reliably. Last time I saw a USAS 12 drum mag for sale it was near the $350+ area. Thats enough to make me think twice before I fire up the Dremel tool.

RonSwin

The last time I saw a usas12 drum was on gunbroker not to long ago & the guy wanted $750.00 for it

edit to add

here it is :dollar::eek::eek:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35873720

Edited by HunterGren
:dollar::eek:

RonSwin

The last time I saw a usas12 drum was on gunbroker not to long ago & the guy wanted $750.00 for it

edit to add

here it is :dollar::eek::eek:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=35873720

sweet jebus :eek::eek: i think i'll just reload my 8 and be happy with it