Buying a Saiga 20 - need advice and suggestions

A friend is bringing over a used Saiga 20 with a Tapco pistol grip folding stock for me to look at to see if my wife can use it for home defense. I currently have a brand-new Mossberg cruiser 20 gauge (pump) with a pistol grip folding stock and pistol grip forend which I possibly would trade straight up. Would that be a good trade? Also, what items or things should I look for with the Saiga and what questions should I ask since I have no experience with them at all. Thanks all.

Check the gas ports and check the rear trunion to make sure that the bolt carrier is not hitting it. I bought a S-20 for my wife for the same reason then after buying almost $1000 in rare hi-cap factory mags she decided she likes the .410 I bought my daughter better Women can't live with them and you can't trade them for guns.biggrin.png

Since I'm really not familiar with the Saigas, what exactly do I check with the gas ports? It's funny you should mention the .410 because, I've really been debating on getting her one. The prices are definitely reasonable compared to the 12 or the 20s.

But the ammo isn't...

Took me a few minutes to read your post, kept getting distracted by some Blonde out of the corner of my eye. LOL. You're right about the ammo, so since the 12 is just too much for my wife, I am guessing that the 20 would be my best bet. It already has some modifications which will save me money, plus it's already broke in. 032.gif