Do Deformed Shells Make Saiga Shotguns Bad Home Defense Weapons?

I don't think I need to torch it, it was just the tip of the shell and my gun did chamber it alright. This is my first s12 and I haven't fired it enough to have absolute faith in it's reliability...yet. It may become my go-to gun someday but I need to get more use with it and develop that trust. Until then I have to use what I'm most comfortable with.

• Like 1

I don't think I need to torch it, it was just the tip of the shell and my gun did chamber it alright. This is my first s12 and I haven't fired it enough to have absolute faith in it's reliability...yet. It may become my go-to gun someday but I need to get more use with it and develop that trust. Until then I have to use what I'm most comfortable with.

You're going about it the correct way, no doubt. My S12 isn't my primary because I don't want to lock it back and haven't had the bolt profiled as of yet. There is another option but it is probably unavailable in the US. I hear the Russians solve the dilemma by using all steel hulls. That would be nice. I'm sure you knew I was kidding about the torch anyway.