Magazine info for a New Yorker

Hey all! I'm looking to do a conversion soon, and I'm finally sold on the idea of having a BG installed so I can use some regular capacity magazines. The only problem is that I live in upstate NY, which I understand means that the mags must be pre-ban. I can't begin to tell you how much I despise this, but I suppose that's a topic for another day.... Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some NY-specific info as far as what pre-ban mags are most easily obtainable, not too costly, and work reliably. I'm really not into grinding away at my rifle, but I'm more than willing to learn how to modify the mags so they'll work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

-Jericho

We had some Surefire Magazines that were made on preban steel magazines that didn't require a bullet button. If you look on gunbroker or the forums, you can see them from time to time.

The East German Weiger/STG-90 magazines are all pre-ban. Just make sure they're German and not the Romanian copies (the ribs on the Weigers run the full length of the mag body, while only the back rib does on the Romanians) as the Romanians may or may not be pre-ban.

Apex Gun Parts has them for $30 ea. and they'll ship them to NY.

Galil Orlites are supposed to all be pre-ban as well.

• Like 1