Tweaks for the SWIFT safety lever?

Hey all!

Got a couple of SWIFT safety levers with the BHO feature from Randy @ Blackjack. I've got one installed in one of my Saiga-12s, but am having some issues with it.

First, I had to bend the top cover outward a bit to allow the safety lever to pass underneath so it could be raised enough to capture the bolt handle. No big deal. But now I'm finding it nearly impossible to move the lever downward and release the bolt, as the tit on the end of the lever has to hop over the receiver edge on the way down. Anybody have any suggestions for dealing with this? I've considered either bending the end of the lever outward a bit, grinding the tit down slightly, or beveling the edge of the receiver where it hits. What would be the best course of action, and what tweaks have you guys made to yours to get 'em to work smoothly?

I like the idea of the safety lever BHO; it seems much more secure than the factory style - which I can't get to stay engaged half the time - albiet a little slower to operate.

Thanks...

Hey all!

Got a couple of SWIFT safety levers with the BHO feature from Randy @ Blackjack. I've got one installed in one of my Saiga-12s, but am having some issues with it.

First, I had to bend the top cover outward a bit to allow the safety lever to pass underneath so it could be raised enough to capture the bolt handle. No big deal. But now I'm finding it nearly impossible to move the lever downward and release the bolt, as the tit on the end of the lever has to hop over the receiver edge on the way down.  Anybody have any suggestions for dealing with this? I've considered either bending the end of the lever outward a bit, grinding the tit down slightly, or beveling the edge of the receiver where it hits. What would be the best course of action, and what tweaks have you guys made to yours to get 'em to work smoothly?

I like the idea of the safety lever BHO; it seems much more secure than the factory style - which I can't get to stay engaged half the time - albiet a little slower to operate.

Thanks...

Per my instructions, slightly bending the lever out or in will decrease or increase the tension, you will need to play with it a bit and find what works best for you. You also need to verify that the trigger block tab is properly sized and not binding during engagement and disengagement of the safety.

I polish the top edge of the receiver and also the tit on the back of the lever with a dremmel tool and jewlers rouge to smooth things out even more and I have also put a 1" section of pvc heat shrink over some of my levers, this quites down the sound and also adds additional smoothness to the lever.

Use great care in trying to bend the lever in or out.  I snapped my only SWIFT in half, it is brittle metal and does not seem to take a bend set too well.  Now i'm down to my factory lever and am afraid to cut into it and run into the same problem.

I guarantee them for life, send it back to me and I'll replace it. If you need part of it trimmed I can do that also.