My Head is Spinning...................................

And I don't even have my Saiga yet! Been busy researching, finding out everything I can, and checking out some of the fine looking pieces in the "Pictures" thread for ideas. Some really beautiful rifles. Don't really have any desire to go "Full Tactical" with mine. Maybe a cool stock, pistol-grip, and some kind of forearm that would give me some rail possibilities. That's where I run into this compliance quagmire. Not sure what pieces I might have to add on to what I want to keep it legal.Been checking out the compliance post, but still not sure. Any good advice? Appreciated in advance!

To use high caps mags, a imported rifle has to have 10 or less foriegn parts. Saiga 223s come imported with 14 parts. American made mag counts as three parts, You only need one more part to be compliant.. Tapco forearm or gas piston will bring a unconverted saiga into compliance with mags over ten rounds.

When you do your "restoration" you will be using a US made FCG(trigger,hammer,disconnect), a US pistol grip, a US made stock all this with US mags make you good. If you need to work on your gas system you can add a US made gas plug, gas puck, and/or a US made gas rod(tom cole makes a great one) and this will give you more than enough US parts I forget what the min. # of US parts needed is but you will not have a problem getting to that #. Remember that the US mags count as 3 US parts( body,floor plate, and follower). I hope I help and didn't make you head spin anymore. Also welcome to the forum your life is about to change getting your first Saiga.tongue.png

EDIT: WOW!!! I walk away from the computer for 10 min in the middle of typing this and 2 of you beat me to it, all that typing for nothing it take forever when you type like a chicken.

Edited by SCHULTZE

When you do your "restoration" you will be using a US made FCG(trigger,hammer,disconnect), a US pistol grip, a US made stock all this with US mags make you good. If you need to work on your gas system you can add a US made gas plug, gas puck, and/or a US made gas rod(tom cole makes a great one) and this will give you more than enough US parts I forget what the min. # of US parts needed is but you will not have a problem getting to that #. Remember that the US mags count as 3 US parts( body,floor plate, and follower). I hope I help and didn't make you head spin anymore. Also welcome to the forum your life is about to change getting your first Saiga.tongue.png

EDIT: WOW!!! I walk away from the computer for 10 min in the middle of typing this and 2 of you beat me to it, all that typing for nothing it take forever when you type like a chicken.

Sorry, Schultze. It's happended to me a time or two also.

That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get. Much easier to understand! To be honest, bigger mag is not high on my priority list. May happen down the road,tho. The more I look at pics of other folks .223's, the more ideas I get. This could be dangerous! Thanks,guys.

That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping to get. Much easier to understand! To be honest, bigger mag is not high on my priority list. May happen down the road,tho. The more I look at pics of other folks .223's, the more ideas I get. This could be dangerous! Thanks,guys.

Danger is our middle name. Saigas are pringles... Once you pop you can't stop.

• Like 2