Gas ports 16" SBS S-12

I have just finished one of my Saiga-12's on a form 1 with a 16" barrel. I don't want to make this thread too long because it's been covered on another thread in great detail, but I opened my factory four ports to .076 and the gun seems to run low brass 100% on the number 2 setting. So far, the only brand I cannot run is the Winchester Extra-Lite 2-3/4 1 oz. bird shot. In addition, I ran the gun on the #1 setting to see if it would run low brass and it did run, but not 100% reliably. I ran three different brands of ammo on the #1 setting. Remington, Winchester Super target, and Rio, all 2-3/4 brass. The Winchester super target ran almost with out failure and I had about 1 FTE every five rounds of the Remington. I just wanted some input from some of the members and personal experience with their own S-12's in SBS configuration. I wanted to stay as close to the factory gas ports in an effort to not over gas this gun. I beileive the factory gas ports on a four port 19" S-12 are .073, so I guess I'm in the ball park at .076 with a 16 barrel." My main concern is whether the gun is over gassed if it will run low brass on the #1 setting, or should it not run low brass at all on the #1 setting, if the gas ports are correct. I have read several posts of guy's who have factory guns that run low brass on the #1 setting and all the over gassed debate. However, I lean towards the crowd that believes these guns can be over gassed, so any and all feed back would be appreciated. Give Brothers! smile.png

Edited by macaholic