Carolina TRI-RAIL version #1

Howdy folks, I am about ready to upgrade the forend of a converted Saiga .308 16" barrel. I am trying to decide what Tri-Rail forend to get. I am mostly intersted in this one here: http://store.carolin...-Forearm/Detail

Anybody have experience with this trirail? Does it make the 308 too front end heavy?

Any other thoughts on different tri-rails are welcomed.

And please, if you have any pics of this forend on your rifle, I would really like to see it.

Not with the tri-rail, I put the CAROLINA SAIGA RIFLE TACTICAL BILLET QUAD-RAIL version 1 on my 308. It is heavy, but still lighter than some other rails. I have 500 rounds through mine with the quad rail and could not be happier. I like heavy rifles though

I have the one without the grooves in it. It does add a bit of weight to the gun, but it ain't too bad. The rail is a good mount for my bipod and grip. It probably is more front heavy than other guns. You can kind of see it behind the 12 in the pic below.

post-24472-0-68521000-1328665327_thumb.jpg

Thanks frz1197. Those are some nice guns you have there. I will be using this gun more for hog hunting, so I will be carryng it quite a bit and shooting off hand, unlike your set up with the bipod. Without the bipod do you think it handles ok for offhand shooting? Like maybe 3 gun style? Or is it too bulky?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...