Trigger guards

I've flattened out the rear half of my original trigger guard with the intention of rebending it to fit. As far as tools I'll make a "finger" for my box and pan brake to bend a bigger radius.

So far I've bend a couple of "test" guards out of mild steel to create a pattern. Once I have that I can rebend the original without (hopefully) screwing it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I used a Bulgarian Trigger guard after seeing AKATTACK's handywork. The Bulgarian has curved front sidewalls which I cut down again based on the AKATTACK model. If you look at the picts he's posted, you'll see the front angle he cut on the guard. His is cut lower (smaller tri-angle of metal left) than what I did, but very similar. I'll try to get my own pictures up soon. I don't own a digital camera, all my $ goes to guns :)

Here's a picture of the original Russian Saiga 12 trigger guard and a picture of my Saiga 12 with the trigger guard that I made using a standard Bulgarian trigger guard from KVAR. I just used my dremel, marked and cut it, then used a file to smooth things out. Go slow and it's easy. AKATTACK

post-869-1126666716_thumb.jpg

post-869-1126666859_thumb.jpg

Edited by AKATTACK

Simple solution.... Go buy some 1/2 " wide aluminum flat stock from Lowes/ Home Depot. It's soft enough that you can bend any shape you wish, BUT strong enough for a trigger guard... a little black paint and your done.(I have done it) Saiga K ..I hope you get well soon????mikey1

Edited by mikey1